This article contains 5 simple steps for writing the perfect job description:
Example: Bank of America is seeking a full-time Teller for our Raleigh, NC location.
- Do include the business name, name of the position, and location.
- Don’t hide the company name. If you were looking for a job, you would want to know where you were applying.
Example: Responsibilities include greeting clients, answering questions, cashing checks and paying out money, depositing money, recording client transactions, balancing money in cash drawers, ordering supplies of cash, and communicating with management, staff, and clients.
- Do keep the description simple and realistic. Only include the main job responsibilities.
- Don’t include overly specific tasks. Including dozens of responsibilities is overkill and unnecessary.
Include The Benefits
Example: Bank of America offers a team-oriented work environment and competitive compensation package, with benefits including: medical, dental, vision, life, long term disability, paid training, paid holidays, paid time off, and 401(k).
- Do include other special benefits that your company may offer.
- Don’t last any benefits that you do not offer.
Tell Applicants How To Apply
Example: To apply for this position, please submit your application via this link: https://www.optimizehire.org/apply-job?i=MTY3 by December 31st. Optimize Hire builds an online application page for each of its clients.
Include Your Company Website Address
Example: For more information about our company, please visit our web site at http://optimizehire.com/. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Assess Applicants Now
- Click here to assess your applicants now
- Assess an unlimited number of job applicants
- See all of the test results
Image Credit: NPR